I’m not saying we only do 59 things around here, but these are some of the more interesting things! For those of you who have been wondering just what the glamorous life of an interior designer is like… well, here’s a look!!
1) Answer the phone
2) File invoices
3) Check order statuses
4) Interview and schedule new client meetings
5) Meet with contractors to coordinate jobs
6) Show clients samples or fabrics and floorings
7) Give guided tours of our new office space
8) Create design presentations for clients
9) Source furniture from our library of hundreds of resources
10) Meet with sales reps to find out what the latest new styles are
11) Process all orders and make payments on invoices
12) Attend Las Vegas Market twice a year to see all the new items
13) Visit homes to make sure projects are going well
14) Laugh at each other!
15) Coordinate paint samples
16) Manage installation of all new items in homes
18) Collaborate to put together an amazing presentation for clients
19) Interview and listen to our clients’ needs
20) Take an active role in the 18b Arts District
21) Get to know our neighbors
22) Process hundreds of purchase orders each month
23) Update our resources library with new fabrics and books
24) Attend High Point Furniture Market to preview new lines and introductions
25) Unload freight orders (sometimes in high heels)
26) Keep hairspray handy
27) Constantly call on pending orders for our clients
28) Take great care in picking out just the right fabrics for upholstery jobs
29) Make sure we have the right light bulbs for every fixture we deliver
30) Make unique requests – like an Upholstered Faux Fur wall – come true!
31) Get custom art from local and national artists
31) Listen to all kinds of music – depending on who has control of Pandora!
32) Put together digital presentations for our-long distance clients
33) Show customers all the great custom upholstery we can do
34) Compare who has the best lunch!
35) Work with custom cabinet builders to make one-of-a kind pieces for homes
36) Make messes by pulling out tons of fabric samples to find just the right ones
37) Constantly change the AC (it’s too hot, it’s too cold!)
38) Check the status of incoming orders
39) Move accessories and furniture around the showroom for a fresh new look
40) Enjoy learning the history of Las Vegas
41) Go above and beyond for our clients
42) Schedule multiple appointments every day
43) Get our heels stuck in the wood panels on the loading dock
44) See what interesting activities are happening in our window on Main Street
45) Look for our phone chargers! Whose is whose??
46) Put together 3-D renderings so a space comes alive!
47) Educate others on all the great businesses in 18b
48) Constantly rearrange the warehouse to make room for new deliveries
49) Put new pictures on HOUZZ
50) Discuss the latest movies
51) Plan special events and meeting at our offices
52) Sync our calendars
53) Entertain our visitors!
54) Sometimes quit early and drink wine on Fridays!
55) Make sure chairs and sofas are the right height and firmness
56) Order lunch from our favorites – Pop-up Pizza, Rachel’s Kitchen, and Bronze Cafe
57) Check in all new items for the showroom space and tag them for sale
58) Make daily calls to our clients to check in and monitor progress and satisfaction!
59) Most importantly – have fun!